Friday, June 17, 2005

Is it just me, or is it just me?

Today I went on a lunch date with one of my friends. He was going on a double date and asked me out. The date was enjoyable we both had a really great time together. I was very flattered he had thought of me. No, I don’t have a crush on him, and I know he is does not have a crush on me, but it was still nice to go on a date. I am embarrassed to admit this, but, it has been a long time since I have been on a date, and it got me thinking, dating is fun. Even something as simple as lunch date, was wonderful.

Sometimes, I get tired of being just “one of the guys”. Don’t get me wrong, I love my friends, every single one of them. I think it is great that they can be comfortable around me and not have to worry about impressing me. But, sometimes I just wish a guy would actually be attracted to me for once.

I realize I am not all that good-looking (I’d probably rate myself a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1-10) but I am not hideous either. I do have a fun personality, you know, out-going, spontaneous at times, open-minded and nice. I’m not high-maintenance, and a guy doesn’t have to impress me with extravagant gifts and meaningless flattery. And I don’t think I come across as stupid (perhaps silly at times, but not stupid). I try to live a good life and keep my priorities in order. So what is it about me that I can change to make a guy look my way? Or instead of change what should I enhance.

I am not by all means desperate. I don't think it would be a good idea to change who I am to get guys to notice me (besides I kind of like who I am). And to be honest I really don’t mind being single, really. You know, it is not that I’m afraid of asking guys out on dates (I've done that many times) it’s just… I wouldn’t mind getting asked to go on a date once in a while... more often. That’s all.

2 comments:

Gregory said...

Man, I have so much to say to this. First of all, if I were attracted to girls, I would totally date you, I mean really. Second, I know how it feels to be “one of the guys.” No, wait, I know how it feels to be “one of the gals.” Annoying? Hell yes. (hmm I’m in a cursing mood today, whatever.) Third, a 4 or 5!!! Wiggle, come on! In all honesty, I would rate you like a 7 or an 8! I mean really. You do have a fantastic personality! One of the best I’ve found, and no you are not dumb. Silly? Occassionally, and thank goodness, we all need some relief. Looks like you’ve got a lot figured out though, that being yourself. I love you Wiggliest of Wiggles.

Wiggle said...

Given, thank you for all the kind words you said about me. It really made my day.

I wish you were here.