Saturday, January 01, 2005

A Start of a New Year

Happy New Year! As I look back over the last year, events that happened to me, friends I made, friends that have left and moved on, family, and myself growth; I realize I have grown up a lot. Last year I had some hard things I had to face and endure. I remember wanting to give it all up. Not necessarily "off myself" but simply give up. I wished I could just go to sleep and wake up when things got better. Now, looking back on it, I realize I could have had it a lot worse, but, I thought I could not survive the things I was going through. However, my Heavenly Father blessed me with a great family, amazing friends and a ward that helped me get through my trials. I found that going through the things I did, helped me with myself confidence, and my out look on life. I now see that without those trials, I wouldn't have the faith and trust in my Heavenly Father that I do now. I know that he loves me and wants the best for me.

Don't go thinking I had a total and complete awful year, because I didn't. I went to my first concert, the Barenaked Ladies, with a guy who is now one of my best friends. I also survived an avalanche at Bridal Veil Falls with my friends, celebrated Chocolate day. Threw a lot of great parties; went tubing down the Provo River; got a promotion at a job I absolutely love, and got a second job that I have been wanting for over a year and half now. I was also introduced to the 100 hour board (by the way there are many intelligent and wonderful people writing for the board and I am glad to have them as my friends).

I am grateful for what I went through and wouldn’t trade any of my experiences for anything. Overall, seeing the outcome of the year 2004 in my life, I would say I had a really great year. I feel that some big changes are about to take place in my life. I am somewhat cautiously optimistic about how these changes will affect me but I look foreword to see what this year has to offer me. And I would just like to say, "Bring it on!"


2 comments:

Jokey Smurf said...

Thanks for helping us move, Wiggle! You are a good friend. Cheer up. We thought this was the coolest story ever!

Jokey Smurf said...

Wow, Wiggs. I was there for almost all of the good times. Rock on, sista!